Everyday ingredients like ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, melted cheese and crunchy tater tots combine to create this fun, easy and yummy casserole from Nancy Koper of Highland, New York.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and milk.
- Transfer to a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with Tater Tots.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tater-Topped Beef Casserole in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p59
Reviews for Tater-Topped Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review