"Our family lives and works on a ranch," remarks Ronna Lewis from Plains, Kansas. "I like to fix this nicely seasoned casserole ahead of time and freeze it for later use. It's good with a tossed salad or nacho chips and dip."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in corn and soup.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tater Taco Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p53
Reviews for Tater Taco Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review