Tater Taco Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in corn and soup.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange Tater Tots in a single layer over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are crispy and golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 461 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1307mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Tater Taco Casserole
"Easy and gone as soon as it came out of the oven!"
"I replaced the condensed fiesta soup with just shredded cheddar cheese."
"Made it without changes for a friend her family loved it. Next time I will make it and eat some. Then I might give it a five for good taste and very easy to make."
"Delicious and easy! Whole family loved it :)"
"Have been making this recipe for years however, I add a TBL Worstershire Suace."
"Have been making this recipe for years however, I add a TBL Worstersire Suace."
"Have been makeing this recipe for years however, I add a TBL Worstershire Sauce."
"I add black olives, sour cream, and cheese in mine. If you like you're tator tots crunchy use crispy crowns instead."
"I have made this several times... My kids love it!"
"I really like this recipe. Its fast and easy, the only suggestion I have is broil on 400 for the last 10 to 15mins so the taters are crunchy not soggy. I also put shredded cheese on the meat."
"quick Easy and the kids like it."
"My husband made this & we all loved it! Very kid friendly!"
"Very good recipe. Cooking time seemed to be a bit too short and I increased it to 50 minutes for what I felt was a proper doneness. I had to make a small change since the fiesta nacho cheese soup is not sold in my area, but found that a can of cheddar cheese soup with 1/2 cup of salsa worked fine. I also use an 11 oz can of mexi-corn in place of the suggested corn. I also sprinkled finely shredded cheese on top as immediately upon removing from the oven."
"I suggest baking the tater tots separately so they actually get crunchy. But, if you are going to go through all the trouble, you might as well just make tacos; more veggies and it tastes better."