Tater Surprise Recipe
If your clan likes Tater Tots, they'll love this versatile skillet breakfast from Paula West of St. Louis, Missouri. "We enjoy it with ham, but you can use any breakfast meat you choose," she notes. "It's so filling I sometimes substitute chicken to make a hearty dinner."
- 2-1/2 cups frozen Tater Tots or cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook potatoes, ham, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. (If using Tater Tots, break apart with a spatula; mix well.) Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 331 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Tater Surprise
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC