Tater Surprise Recipe
If your clan likes Tater Tots, they'll love this versatile skillet breakfast from Paula West of St. Louis, Missouri. "We enjoy it with ham, but you can use any breakfast meat you choose," she notes. "It's so filling I sometimes substitute chicken to make a hearty dinner."
- 2-1/2 cups frozen Tater Tots or cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes, ham, onion and green pepper in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly. (If using Tater Tots, break apart with a spatula; mix well.) Add eggs; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tater Surprise in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p9
Reviews for Tater Surprise(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review