"We enjoy snacking on these homemade tater treats after a long day of hard work on our farm," informs Shelley Mitchell of Baldur, Manitoba. "The addition of ham and cheese is a pleasant surprise."
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (without added milk and butter)
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
- Combine potatoes, ham, cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, onion, mustard, salt and pepper; shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in cornflakes. Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Tater Nuggets in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p64
Reviews for Tater Nuggets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review