"With this great recipe, you get the crispiness of deep-fried vegetables without the mess and fuss," shares Earleen Lillegard of Prescott, Arizona.
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 4 to 5 cups raw bite-size vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and/or parboiled carrots)
- Prepared ranch salad dressing or dip, optional
- In a small bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, celery salt, garlic powder and butter. In another bowl, beat eggs. Dip vegetables, one at a time, into egg, then into potato mixture; coat well.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Serve with dressing or dip if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tater-Dipped Veggies in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p64
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tater-Dipped Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review