Tater Crust Tuna Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and potato flakes; cut in butter until crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is moist enough to hold together. Press pastry over bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Flute edge. Set aside 1/2 cup onions for topping. Sprinkle remaining onions into pastry shell.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, potato flakes, tuna and olives. Spoon into pastry crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved onions; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 380 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.