Tater Crust Tuna Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and potato flakes; cut in butter until crumbly. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is moist enough to hold together. Press pastry over bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Flute edge. Set aside 1/2 cup onions for topping. Sprinkle remaining onions into pastry shell.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the egg, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, potato flakes, tuna and olives. Spoon into pastry crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and reserved onions; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 380 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Tater Crust Tuna Pie
"This is an easy-to-make, very tasty recipe. Substituting yellow, red, & green pepper for the olives adds color and a slightly different flavor. Great for Lenten meals!"
"I'd blame the olives: they are LOADED with sodium.....or if you didn't use the reduced-sodium soup, the combo of the two was too much for your other ingredients."
"I made this recipe today and found it too salty. My husband liked it, but what went wrong?"