Tater Brat Bake Recipe
- 1 package (1-1/4 pounds) uncooked bratwurst links
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine bratwurst and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° Drain and cut into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown brats in butter over medium-high heat; drain on paper towels.
- 2. Spoon sauerkraut into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with brats. Combine soup and milk; drizzle over brats. Top with Tater Tots. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 792 calories, 54g fat (20g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 2459mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Tater Brat Bake
"We love this dish! Usually substitute chicken brats & forgo the beer/butter frying (I prefer drinking my beers). It's a nice comfort food dish, perfect for football Sundays."
"We LOVED this recipe! We used cheddar venison brats instead and it was very good!!"
"Yum! Will definitely make this again. I did not rinse the sauerkraut, just drained it. It really has a lot of flavor in each bite."
"Awesome! Not a big fan of traditional tater tot casseroles but this one is wonderful especially with my Dad's homemade kraut!"
"Simple to make - very good. I've made this several times already - also added onion when simmering the brats."