Tater Brat Bake Recipe
“My husband suggested a brats-and-kraut lunch for friends back for their high school reunion. Rather than cut his visiting time, I made this. It was so easy!” Pauline Lentz - Mesa, Arizona
- 1 package (1-1/4 pounds) uncooked bratwurst links
- 2 bottles (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine bratwurst and beer. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° Drain and cut into 1/4-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown brats in butter over medium-high heat; drain on paper towels.
- 2. Spoon sauerkraut into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with brats. Combine soup and milk; drizzle over brats. Top with Tater Tots. Bake at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- 3. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 792 calories, 54 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 2,459 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 24 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC