Tater Beef Pie
Leftovers of this meaty pie reheat nicely, so my husband and I can enjoy savory slices for a few days. Onion soup mix gives great flavor.Dorothy Presse, Montrose, Colorado
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Dash each pepepr and ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. In a bowl, combine milk,
- pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon
- into crust. Top with hash browns. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut
- slits in top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden
- brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
To quickly thaw frozen hash browns, place them in a microwave-safe-dish. Cover and microwave at 50% more power for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once or twice until thawed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 505 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.