Tater Beef Pie Recipe
Leftovers of this meaty pie reheat nicely, so my husband and I can enjoy savory slices for a few days. Onion soup mix gives great flavor.—Dorothy Presse, Montrose, Colorado
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Dash each pepepr and ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. In a bowl, combine milk, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into crust. Top with hash browns. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 505 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Tater Beef Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC