Leftovers of this meaty pie reheat nicely, so my husband and I can enjoy savory slices for a few days. Onion soup mix gives great flavor.—Dorothy Presse, Montrose, Colorado
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Dash each pepepr and ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. In a bowl, combine milk, pepper and allspice. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Spoon into crust. Top with hash browns. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tater Beef Pie in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p267
Reviews for Tater Beef Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review