Tater Beef Bake
Karla Wiederholt of Cuba City, Wisconsin combines two childhood classics—sloppy joes and Tater Tots—to create this home-style dinner that will keep your youngsters coming back for more. “Serve this with rolls, and dinner is ready!“ she writes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Add
- tomato paste; stir until blended. Add green beans and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater
- Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with
- cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese
- is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.