Tater Beef Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato paste; stir until blended. Add green beans and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tater Beef Bake
Sort By :
"The tots were mushy. The greenbeans did not work for me."
"I used a can of sloppy joe mix and canned peas.Also only had french fries so just used them. I did not have any leftovers! Great meal!!"
"It did not take much effort to make this dish but it came out pretty good, only con was way too many green beans, and since they were frozen they came out too crunchy. Next time I think i'll try canned beans rather than frozen."