I combined two childhood classics—sloppy joes and Tater Tots—to create this home-style dinner that will keep your youngsters coming back for more. —Karla Wiederholt, Cuba City, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato paste; stir until blended. Add green beans and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tater Beef Bake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p63
Reviews for Tater Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review