- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes sloppy joe mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and sloppy joe mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato paste; stir until blended. Add green beans and mushrooms.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tater Beef Bake
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. The only thing I would change would be the amount of green beans to 2 cups. Other than that, it was very good."
"its vary good I will make it again."
"I've made this recipe twice now and really like it.It's easy to prepare and tasty.The second time I didn't have tomato paste and used a small can of crushes tomatoes instead and it came out fine. I also substituted a bag of mixed vegetables for the green beans."
"This was just ok to us. We weren't fans of the sloppy joe mix with the tomato paste. It tasted off to us. I also added in mixed vegetables instead of just green beans, and those tasted fine. I did let it sit in the warm meat mixture for a bit before putting it in the oven, so I think that stopped the vegetables from staying too crispy. I added a bit of extra cheese, like a previous reviewer, below the tater tots. The tater tots weren't crispy, they came out a bit soft, but not mushy. If I try this recipe again, I will try to cut back on the tomato and see if that helps balance out the taste. Otherwise, it was a quick, inexpensive, easy meal!"
"Great to do the sloppy joe mix instead of gloppy soup!"