Tasty Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- 2. Set aside seasoning packet from rice. In the same skillet, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the water, cayenne and contents of seasoning packet.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the corn, broccoli, red pepper if desired and turkey. Return to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 238 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Tasty Turkey Skillet
"Also, this dish suits my diabetic diet. THANK YOU!!"
"Very good; my preference is to use fresh broccoli crowns."