Tasty Turkey Skillet
"I like using boxed rice and pasta mixes as the basis for quick meals," writes Betty Kleberger of Florissant, Missouri. This colorful dish is simple to cook on the stovetop using fried rice mix, tender turkey and convenient frozen vegetables.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, optional
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep
- Set aside seasoning packet from rice. In the same skillet, saute rice
- in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the water, cayenne and
- contents of seasoning packet.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir
- in the corn, broccoli, red pepper if desired and turkey. Return to a
- boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the
- rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.