Tasty Turkey Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fried rice mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove turkey and keep warm.
- 2. Set aside seasoning packet from rice. In the same skillet, saute rice in butter until lightly browned. Stir in the water, cayenne and contents of seasoning packet.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the corn, broccoli, red pepper if desired and turkey. Return to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 351 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 971mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Turkey Skillet
"Also, this dish suits my diabetic diet. THANK YOU!!"
"Very good; my preference is to use fresh broccoli crowns."