Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add turkey; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the broth, tomato paste, mushrooms and salt to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to the pan and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms
"Delicious...I changed it a bit. I didn't have 2 cups of mushrooms so I added two small red skinned potatoes and two hand fulls of broccoli. Turned out really good. Definitely worth doing again."
"I think next time I will cut the turkey up into small pieces but otherwise this is wonderful!"
"I sauteed the garlic in olive oil, with a little butter, then I used chicken tenders in place of the turkey, since I didn't have any, removed and the cooked the mushrooms until they browned not turning, then added the broth etc, the only other thing I changed was add half the tomato paste. My husbandjust loved it, he's a great fan of sauces.will definitely do again."
"I liked this dish. I used olive oil instead of butter to saute the garlic. The only thing I would change in the future would be to saute the mushrooms before adding the broth. Cooking the mushrooms in the broth took a lot longer. I think it would be quicker to saute the mushrooms, then when they are tender, add the tomato paste and broth. I think it will cut down on the broth a bit as well. I found it to be too runny and added some cornstarch to thicken it up a bit. With the changes listed, I will be making this again."