Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms
Sliced mushrooms star in this tender turkey recipe. “It takes just minimal preparation and makes a great main dish,” enthuses Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add
- turkey; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the
- broth, tomato paste, mushrooms and salt to skillet; cook for 3-5
- minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return
- turkey to the pan and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.