Sliced mushrooms star in this tender turkey recipe. “It takes just minimal preparation and makes a great main dish,” enthuses Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add turkey; cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add the broth, tomato paste, mushrooms and salt to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Return turkey to the pan and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p16
Reviews for Tasty Turkey and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review