Tasty Tuna Turnovers Recipe
You’ll have both kids and adults eating out of your hand with these speedy and simple pockets of tuna, celery and cheese tucked in a warm, flaky crust. Thanks to Brenda Rohlman from Kingman, Kansas for sharing the recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 can (7 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tuna, egg, celery and mayonnaise; set aside. Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Top each with tuna mixture and cheese. Fold in half; pinch edges to seal.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC