Tasty Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks and bay leaf. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. In a large skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak equals 224 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.