- 1/3 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks and bay leaf. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. In a large skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Steaks
Sort By :
"I made this and the steaks were great plus my husband really liked the marinade."
"I've found with fish, the simple recipes are my favorite. I loved the simplicity of this recipe. Sadly, I didn't have fresh ginger so I used ground ginger. Can't wait to try this with fresh ginger. This was the first time I've tried making tuna steaks at home and it turned out great."
"The marinade was fantastic, the tuna had such great flavor! We loved this dish! It will definitely be made again!"
"My husband said this was his favorite of all the tuna recipes I've tried thus far!"