Low-carb fans will love this easy tuna recipe created by our Test Kitchen. Marinated in red wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic, these steaks are quick to fix and, you guessed it, low in carbohydrates. TIP: Asian vegetables or steamed broccoli florets are excellent on the side.
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tuna steaks and bay leaf. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade and bay leaf. In a large skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium-high heat for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Tuna Steaks in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review