Tasty Tuna Melts Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 process American cheese slices
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 bread slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread; top with remaining cheese slices and bread. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 507 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Melts
"This is a go to recipe for me. I sometimes substitute Havarti Cheese and use Chiabata bread and grill it in a panni press."
"Yummy, loved the why this recipe spiced up a tuna sandwich!"