Tasty Tuna Melts Recipe
Thanks to a dash of mustard, salsa and hot sauce, these warm tuna sandwiches are full of zip! "Slices of tomato and cheese round them out," says Shannon Phipps of Houston, Texas. "Sometimes I stir chopped pickle and hard-cooked eggs into the tuna mix for additional flavor."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 process American cheese slices
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 bread slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread; top with remaining cheese slices and bread. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 507 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC