Tasty Tuna Melts Recipe
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 process American cheese slices
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 bread slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread; top with remaining cheese slices and bread. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 507 calories, 30g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Melts
"Yummy, loved the why this recipe spiced up a tuna sandwich!"