Thanks to a dash of mustard, salsa and hot sauce, these warm tuna sandwiches are full of zip! "Slices of tomato and cheese round them out," says Shannon Phipps of Houston, Texas. "Sometimes I stir chopped pickle and hard-cooked eggs into the tuna mix for additional flavor."
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 process American cheese slices
- 6 thin tomato slices
- 6 bread slices
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread; top with remaining cheese slices and bread. In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Toast sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Tuna Melts in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2014
"Yummy, loved the why this recipe spiced up a tuna sandwich!"