Reduced-fat cream cheese adds a delightful creaminess to this easy, tomato-y twist on classic tuna casserole. Elsie Epp - Newton, Kansas
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain macaroni; stir into tuna mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Tuna Casserole in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review