- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (12 ounces) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain macaroni; stir into tuna mixture.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
"After reading the comments about this recipe being bland I made some additions. I added minced garlic, mushrooms, peas, and cayenne pepper. Then I topped it with shredded cheddar and bread crumbs. Next time I would add more cream cheese to give it a creamier texture."
"It was just ok. It didn't seem to have a lot of flavor. We are not onion fans, so I left those out, so maybe that was why. My husband actually melted some cheese on top of his, which made it not as healthy, but gave it a little more flavor. I will probably end up making it again, but definitely adding some more spices of some sort."
"This one has become a family favorite for us! We have personalized it by substituting the tomato sauce with tomato pesto, tomato soup, or pasta sauce. We also add peas and or other veggies based on what is on hand - but mushrooms are a MUST add! We play with the spice mixture too. Sometimes we use Italian spices, sometimes celery seed or dill, sometimes we might make it a little spicy. It is a great basic recipe to play with. I have even added crispy onions to the top - guess I am just crazy like that!"
"I doubled the recipe for the size of my family. I also added 1 tsp. of basil and 1/2 tsp. of black pepper to boost the flavor. We liked it a lot!"
"I used pasta sauce and tomato paste instead of the tomatoe sauce and added some peas. I liked it for a nice lunch."