Tasty Toast Strips
These sweet cinnamon munchies come together in only 15 minutes for a busy-morning breakfast or speedy snack. "I've shared the recipe with several ladies who have young children," relates Verna Eaton of Worden, Illinois. "Even adults like it."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 bread slices
- In a shallow bowl, combine the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place
- butter in another shallow bowl. Cut each slice of bread into four
- strips. Dip both sides in butter, then sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.