A taco seasoning made from scratch with pantry staples deliciously jazzes up ground beef, turning Tuesday night into an all-out fiesta. Add your favorite toppings, and dinner is served! —Rebecca Levesque, St. George, New Brunswick
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Tacos in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p19
Reviews for Tasty Tacos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review