When I serve this soup at parties, everyone asks for the recipe. It makes a lot, so if I'm not feeding a crowd, I freeze the leftovers. —Jennifer Villarreal, Texas City, Texas
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Taco Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p15
Reviews for Tasty Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review