- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty Taco Soup
"Just tried this soup for dinner tonight. 1 2 3 EZ as it could be. Very tasty . A good diet soup if you are counting calories or points. Just rinse everything to lower the sodium and use low fat beef or chicken would be good too. Fast work night dish."
"Simple , delicious, quick. A hit with friends and family."
"Very tasty. Mixed this recipe with the Mexican chicken soup recipe on toh and soup turned out very good. I did use ground turkey and 2 cans of black beans, Yum!"
"We've been using this recipe for years though not acquired from here. we love it. Easy to make and very tasty."
"I've made a version of this for years. I use 2 lbs of meat and 2 pkgs of taco seasoning and 2 of each, the corn, ranch style beans and I usually use 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and I can of diced. I also use 2 jars of Old El Paso Taco sauce. I have a large family so never any left, but it does freeze very well!"