- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty Taco Soup
Sort By :
"Very tasty. Mixed this recipe with the Mexican chicken soup recipe on toh and soup turned out very good. I did use ground turkey and 2 cans of black beans, Yum!"
"We've been using this recipe for years though not acquired from here. we love it. Easy to make and very tasty."
"I've made a version of this for years. I use 2 lbs of meat and 2 pkgs of taco seasoning and 2 of each, the corn, ranch style beans and I usually use 1 can of Rotel tomatoes and I can of diced. I also use 2 jars of Old El Paso Taco sauce. I have a large family so never any left, but it does freeze very well!"
"I make this all the time. I only use one can of beans as I am not a fan of beans. Really good with added rice."
"Excellent soup! I use only 1 can of corn. Instead of Ranch Beans, I use regular pinto, black or kidney beans--whatever kind of beans I have on hand. When I've mixed it all up, I put it in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of on the stove. It cooks great that way."