- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty Taco Soup
Sort By :
"Excellent soup! I use only 1 can of corn. Instead of Ranch Beans, I use regular pinto, black or kidney beans--whatever kind of beans I have on hand. When I've mixed it all up, I put it in the microwave for 20 minutes instead of on the stove. It cooks great that way."
"Very good. quick and easy and great for a cold day."
"Easy to make & delicious. I've made this as the recipe stated the first time & then I made it a 2nd time with a few changes. I used frozen corn, 1 can pinto, & 1 can black beans, 1 can diced tomatoes w/chilis plus 1 can diced tomatoes. Either way it hits the spot on a cold day."
"easy to make but made too much proportionately. i added quite a bit more seasonings than just the packet. was good served with cheese, chips & sour cream."
"I made half the original recipe and it was not only easy it was very good and thick. I bought diced tomatoes with jalapenos and added canned green chiles and diced onion. This soup has a real kick!!"