- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, corn, beans and tomatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place tortilla chips in soup bowls; ladle soup over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty Taco Soup
Sort By :
"I made half the original recipe and it was not only easy it was very good and thick. I bought diced tomatoes with jalapenos and added canned green chiles and diced onion. This soup has a real kick!!"
"This soup is delicious. Have made it four times in the last two months."
"Delicious! Made this for family game night and was a hit. I did add onion and green pepper, a bag of frozen corn, and a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chilis. Instead of the two cans of tomatoes, I used a 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes. Used what I had on hand and it worked. Will make it again."
"Makes a great vegetarian dish. Leave out the ground beef. Put the corn, tomatoes, and CHILI BEANS together in a pot; add the packet of taco seasoning , heat and stir. I have never used the tortilla chips since it tastes great on its own."
"This recipe is so easy and my family loves it! I did add more ground beef (2 pds) . Plus lots of cheese..my kids are cheese lovers. This recipe can also be doubled..I made extra and put it in a crock pot for my husband and his co-workers. They thought it was delicious.."