Tasty Taco Bake Recipe
If you can open a can, you can make this flavorful, layered entree from June Karres in Grawn, Michigan. Then celebrate Mother’s Day in Southwestern style! Hearty and handy, this dish is one simple but surefire family pleaser.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Spread 1 cup tortilla chips into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the chili, green chilies and 1/2 cup olives; spoon over chips. Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheeses, mushrooms, onions, and remaining chips and olives.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC