Tasty Taco Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Spread 1 cup tortilla chips into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the chili, green chilies and 1/2 cup olives; spoon over chips. Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheeses, mushrooms, onions, and remaining chips and olives.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tasty Taco Bake
"This was super easy and very quick, plus we loved the end result! Neither my husband nor I like beans so I substituted shredded chicken and salsa in it's place then mixed the sour cream into that instead of a separate layer, used crushed tortillas since I had those in stock and topped it with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and baked!"
"This recipe is terrific! First made it 5 years ago. Since then my husband is on a low fat diet. Consequently, I also use Nalley's vegetarian chili, kraft no fat shredded cheese, and baked reduced fat tortilla scoops. It is a hit with evveryone from my "carnivore" son to my 99 year old Mom-in-law with a fussy palette. Try it....you'll love it!!"
"We had this for dinner last night and it was very tasty. I didn't have nacho tortilla chips so used corn chips that were leftover from another recipe. Served with Spanish Rice 8 on this site. I can't wait to make it with nacho tortilla chips."
"Coincidentally I was making this today! This is a fabulous, tasty, and easy recipe and has quickly becoma a family favorite. I would recommend it to any one who likes delicious southwestern flavor dishes. It is a winner!"