Tasty Taco Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. Spread 1 cup tortilla chips into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the chili, green chilies and 1/2 cup olives; spoon over chips. Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheeses, mushrooms, onions, and remaining chips and olives.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Tasty Taco Bake
"This was super easy and very quick, plus we loved the end result! Neither my husband nor I like beans so I substituted shredded chicken and salsa in it's place then mixed the sour cream into that instead of a separate layer, used crushed tortillas since I had those in stock and topped it with cheddar and mozzarella cheeses and baked!"
"This recipe is terrific! First made it 5 years ago. Since then my husband is on a low fat diet. Consequently, I also use Nalley's vegetarian chili, kraft no fat shredded cheese, and baked reduced fat tortilla scoops. It is a hit with evveryone from my "carnivore" son to my 99 year old Mom-in-law with a fussy palette. Try it....you'll love it!!"
"We had this for dinner last night and it was very tasty. I didn't have nacho tortilla chips so used corn chips that were leftover from another recipe. Served with Spanish Rice 8 on this site. I can't wait to make it with nacho tortilla chips."
"This is so good! and so easy for a weeknight dinner. I used 97% FF vegetarian chili, light sour cream, and added a shredded chicken breast. I assume Doritos are the nacho tortilla chips?"
"Coincidentally I was making this today! This is a fabulous, tasty, and easy recipe and has quickly becoma a family favorite. I would recommend it to any one who likes delicious southwestern flavor dishes. It is a winner!"