If you can open a can, you can make this flavorful, layered entree from June Karres in Grawn, Michigan. Then celebrate Mother’s Day in Southwestern style! Hearty and handy, this dish is one simple but surefire family pleaser.
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho tortilla chips, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Spread 1 cup tortilla chips into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the chili, green chilies and 1/2 cup olives; spoon over chips. Spread sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheeses, mushrooms, onions, and remaining chips and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Taco Bake in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p12
Reviews for Tasty Taco Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review