Tasty Shrimp Penne
"This is a healthy meal that's nice enough for company," relates Dena Winner from Lansdale, Pennsylvania. "Everybody asks for seconds." Tip: "To make it more colorful, choose a variety of veggies," she suggests.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup each chopped broccoli, zucchini and carrot
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the vegetables
- during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet,
- cook the shrimp, garlic and basil in oil for 1-2 minutes or until
- heated through. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to
- low. Drain pasta and vegetables; stir into shrimp mixture. Add feta
- cheese, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.