Tasty Shrimp Penne Recipe
"This is a healthy meal that's nice enough for company," relates Dena Winner from Lansdale, Pennsylvania. "Everybody asks for seconds." Tip: "To make it more colorful, choose a variety of veggies," she suggests.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1/2 cup each chopped broccoli, zucchini and carrot
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the vegetables during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the shrimp, garlic and basil in oil for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Drain pasta and vegetables; stir into shrimp mixture. Add feta cheese, salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Shrimp Penne in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Shrimp Penne(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
This is excellent. The only change I made was increasing the shrimp to 3/4 lb.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >