Tasty Reuben Soup Recipe
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa, halved and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage and noodles are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium chicken broth, reduced-fat turkey kielbasa and reduced-fat cheese) equals 125 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.