- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa, halved and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage and noodles are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tasty Reuben Soup
"My 10 year old grandson loves soup, and so does the whole family."
"Such a simple recipe, with a lot of flavor. I changed the pasta to a 5 carb pasta. Lower carbs..."
"This recipe has such a unique taste. My whole family has enjoyed it; in fact we have added it to our winter list of favorites."
"This was wonderful--will definitely make again. The only thing I did differently was brown the onion and some minced garlic in a little butter, then deglazed with some white wine before adding the broth. Fabulous and so quick."
"A really delicious flavor, easy to make and a hit in our small group!"