I'm a working mom with limited time to feed my hungry family, so I'm always looking for quick recipes. This speedy soup (which may remind you of a Reuben sandwich) is a favorite of ours. I frequently stir up a batch of apple muffins to complete this meal. -Terry Ann Brandt, Tobias, Nebraska
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa, halved and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage and noodles are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Tasty Reuben Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p31
Reviews for Tasty Reuben Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review