Tasty Pork Nuggets Recipe
Through my 30 years of being married to a pork producer, I've come across quite a few wonderful recipes. These nuggets are fabulous finger food for snacks, lunches and dinners.
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch x 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1. Combine the cornflake crumbs, wheat germ, sesame seeds, parsley, paprika, mustard, celery salt, onion powder, lemon-pepper and salt if desired; set aside.
- 2. Dip pork cubes in yogurt, then roll in crumb mixture. Arrange pork in a single layer on a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear. For a crispier coating, broil for 2-3 minutes after baking. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 each: 128 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 13g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Tasty Pork Nuggets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC