Tasty Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 302 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 924mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Mozzarella Chicken
"Delicious! I served this simple chicken with spaghetti on the side. The onion soup mix definitely gave it an extra boost of flavor."
"This is a wonder recipe. I have made it several times. It is also great the next day for lunch. To cut out carbs and calories, I just roll the chicken in the dry onion soup and bake. I also do not use the mushrooms and it is still as good as the original."
"I am not a fan of chicken Parmesan, but thought I would try this. It was delicious, and I will definitely make it again. My husband really like it, too! I used a whole jar of spaghetti sauce, though, and that gave more sauce for the pasta I served with it."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.