Tasty Mozzarella Chicken
This amazingly easy chicken dish is sure to be a family favorite after just one taste. Try tomato and basil spaghetti sauce, garlic and herb or whatever you have on hand. -Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg
- mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over
- chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until
- sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 302 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.