This amazingly easy chicken dish is sure to be a family favorite after just one taste. Try tomato and basil spaghetti sauce, garlic and herb or whatever you have on hand. -Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tasty Mozzarella Chicken in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p64
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tasty Mozzarella Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review