Tasty Mexican Manicotti
My family loves both pasta dishes and Mexican food, so I came up with this recipe that combines the best of both worlds. You'll find this irresistible on cool evenings.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chili powder and cumin. Stuff into
- manicotti shells.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce
- and chilies if desired; pour over manicotti. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 593 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,248 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 27 g protein.