Tasty Mexican Manicotti Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chili powder and cumin. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and chilies if desired; pour over manicotti. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 593 calories, 34g fat (16g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1248mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Tasty Mexican Manicotti
"I have made this twice. The first time I made it, I followed the recipe and it was very good. The second time I used chorizo sausage and eliminated the cumin and chili powder and I thought it was even better. My friend thought I should have left in the spices plus the spicier sausage but then again, he is Mexican and likes a LOT of kick!"