My family loves both pasta dishes and Mexican food, so I came up with this recipe that combines the best of both worlds. You'll find this irresistible on cool evenings.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chili powder and cumin. Stuff into manicotti shells.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato sauce and chilies if desired; pour over manicotti. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Manicotti in Country Pork 1996, p87
Reviews for Tasty Mexican Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review