Tasty Meatball Sub Sandwiches
I love experimenting in the kitchen. These tasty meatballs made with turkey were a family-pleasing results the first time I made them. They're so good, people don't always realize they're good for you as well.—Mary Stifflemire, Lexington, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) fat-free turkey gravy
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add turkey; mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a skillet coated with cooking spray,
- brown meatballs, turning frequently. Add onion and mushrooms; cook
- until onion is tender. Add gravy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink, stirring frequently. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 232 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,