Tasty Meat Pie Recipe
I work full-time as a nurse, so I like meals that are quick and easy. This comforting all-in-one pie is filled with ground beef and tender vegetables. At my sister's suggestion, I replaced the prepared gravy I had been using with canned soups for better flavor. Now my husband and teenage son ask for seconds and thirds. -Cheryl Cattane, Lapeer, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 medium uncooked potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soups, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide between two ungreased 9-in. pie plates.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit the top of each pie; place over filling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6 serving each).
1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 598 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC