- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 medium uncooked potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soups, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide between two ungreased 9-in. pie plates.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit the top of each pie; place over filling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6 serving each).
Reviews for Tasty Meat Pie
"why is there not a crust on the bottom of the pie. Doesn't it spill all over when serving without one? I'm going to make this is a little while but will be putting a bottom crust on it."
"I taught my Webelos scouts how to make this and then we invited their Families over for dinner. It was a big hit! We made 6 large pies and not any of it was left over. The boys were very proud of their accomplishment. I did notice that my name brand Beef Barley with Vegetable Soup was rather "dry". It looked like the barley had soaked up the liquid in the can so I added a half of a soup can of water to it and it came out just fine. On other occasions the same soup brand has been "wet" enough to not need the extra water. I guess it has something to do with the day the soup was processed on."
"I used Cream of Mushroom/Chicken soup in place of the Golden Mushroom and I added more veggies and potatoes. Our new favorite!!! Very tasty and just as good as left overs. I already have this added to my routation of easy meals!"
"this is good down home style food.My flaky pie crust is the key answer to the goodness of this pie.Iam a firm beleiver that an excellent pie crust is the answer for any good pie."
"I added corn and green beans as I wanted to add more veggies/ was very tasty, I am not fond of this kind of food, but will be making this one again!"