Tasty Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Fold in crab.
- 2. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop 1/3 cup crab mixture into crumbs; shape into a 3/4-in. thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Repeat with remaining crab mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook patties in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 patties.
1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.