- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound cooked crabmeat or 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients. Fold in crab.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop 1/3 cup crab mixture into crumbs; shape into a 3/4-in. thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Repeat with remaining crab mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 patties.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Maryland Crab Cakes
"This is NOT a review. WHY are some reviewers complaining about runny mixture? Egg size used different? What size of egg should be used?"
"The first time I made it with immitation crab and it was tasty. Second time I made it with real canned crab and it turned out good too."
"Very runny, Took so many breadcrumbs to hold the mixture together that's all I could taste. Way too much salt, too."
"I followed this recipe exactly and wondered about the 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs, the mixture was very runny and all in all I believe I went through at least 1/1/2 cups of crumbs to get the job done. Flavor was just ok to me."
"These were sooooo good! I used some old bay seasoning in the mix and a drop of Tabasco. I also used spicy brown mustard instead of reg prepared."
"Our family really liked it. I used Panko for bread crumbs, and added chopped cilantro. Yummy!"