Tasty Marinated Vegetables Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 25 servings.
2/3 cup: 89 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tasty Marinated Vegetables
"Delicious! I used 1/3c sugar and 1/3c non-calorie sweetner to reduce calories. Adults and children liked it."