Tasty Marinated Tomatoes Recipe
My niece introduced me to this colorful recipe some time ago. I now make it when I have buffets or large gatherings because it can be prepared hours ahead. —Myrtle Matthews, Marietta, Georgia
- 3 large fresh tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Arrange tomatoes in a large shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake well. Pour over tomato slices. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (without salt) equals 1/2 vegetable, 2 fat; also, 91 calories, 6 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 9 gm fat.
Reviews for Tasty Marinated Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC