Tasty Maple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Add an extra layer of flavor to your pumpkin pie by using maple! It is so tasty and will fit in your holiday menu perfectly.Vivian Colwell, Goshen, Ohio
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pumpkin Pie in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p591
Reviews for Tasty Maple Pumpkin Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review