Tasty Layered Taco Salad Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a small bowl, mash avocados with onion, garlic and lemon juice. In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer with beef, avocado mixture, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup (calculated without chips) equals 289 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.