- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mash avocados with onion, garlic and lemon juice. In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer with beef, avocado mixture, lettuce, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cheese, salsa and sour cream. Serve immediately with chips. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tasty Layered Taco Salad(4)
Sort By :
This is wonderful! Great dish to make for company as well. So many of my friends have requested this recipe. Wonderful!
when i first made this recipe, my husband thought i made to much. as it turned out i barely made enough. it is so good, he almost ate the whole bowl himself. also, i made mine with ground turkey.
This was the best taco salad we have ever had. It is a lot like a glorified 7-layer dip. The only thing to note is that it makes a lot, and is not nearly as good the second day because you can't really re-heat the meat separately and the lettuce gets soggy. I would recommend cutting it down to the number of servings you need, or invite people over to help you eat it when it's fresh. Other than that, it was fantastic! We will definitely make it again.
I love it so much now this is my favorite meal.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Layered Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >