Tasty-Italian Vegetable Soup
This fast feast, for the eyes as well as the stomach, results if you rustle up this soup.Janet Frieman, Kenosha, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes,
- broth, zucchini and basil.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the
- zucchini is tender. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 6-8 servings (2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.